Saturday, September 12, 2009

32 weeks down, 8 to go!

Wow. Eight months ago I was still dating Ray. I was in Texas. I wasn't pregnant (okay maybe BARELY pregnant). I can't believe how much has changed in such a short amount of time. It's weird almost. And in eight WEEKS, my life will be changed forever. I'll have a baby boy. What a year!
This week Gabriel is tipping the scales at around 4 lbs and is about 19 inches long. His skin isn't transparent anymore! He's got enough fat (kiddo's fillin' out!) to make it opaque like the rest of us! I'm just imagining how cute he's gonna be! I don't know what Ray looked like when he was a baby (hopefully I will soon though--Daisy is going to send me some pictures of him from when he was little so I can make an album for Gabriel), but I was a CHUNK! It will be fun to see who he takes after...

So the past week or so has been a little on the stressful side....ugh. I've been having issues with management at my apartment complex. Calling them "issues" is being nice, too. They are IMPOSSIBLE! But I finally got things worked out with them, so hopefully this will be the end of my frustrations with College Terrace...

I've also been trying to get things organized and cleaned and PACKED UP. I've been anticipating this move for about two months now and it's finally here! I'll be leaving Utah in two days....crazy! I have to ship a lot of stuff because I (obviously) won't be able to fit it all into suitcases... I am taking the boxes to the post office on Monday. Hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg to mail all of this crap. I can't wait to get to Hawaii though! I get to start buying baby stuff!! I've been so excited for this part! I would have been doing it already if it weren't for the fact that it would just cost me even more money to ship it all....blah.

I saw the doctor yesterday. Well, that's a lie. I went to the doctor's office and they sat me in a room where I waited to see the doctor....FOR ALMOST AN HOUR!! Finally the nurse came back and was like "I'm so sorry. Dr. Parker has already left for the day. I guess he didn't know he had one more patient to see...would you be willing to see another doctor?" Fine--whatever. Just get me in to see SOMEONE so I can get on with my day! So she told me she would send in Dr. Young. Ten minutes pass by. She comes back in and informs me that Dr. Young is busy with both his and Dr. Saunders' patients because Dr. Saunders is at the hospital delivering a baby. She asked me if I was willing to see a Nurse-Midwife. FINE! JUST GET ME IN TO SEE WHOEVER SO I CAN GO!! So she takes me over to the CNM side of the practice and I wait for another ten minutes and finally get seen. Ugh. Everything looks good though. My weight gain is right where it should be. So is Gabe's heart rate. My blood pressure is awesome. Blah blah blah. I was just so annoyed that I spend so much time WAITING.....whatever.

Anyway--eight weeks to motherhood! I'm so nervous!

0 comments: