Friday, August 7, 2009

27 weeks: We are BOTH growing and developing


Wow. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! 27 weeks! Already!!!

SO--this week Gabriel graduates to a new growth chart. He is no longer measured "crown to rump" - it is now head to toe! Like a big boy! That measurement is now around 15 inches. Oh my... He's over a foot long! He weighs a little more than 2 lbs now. Fun fact: Gabriel has more taste buds now than he will have at birth (and for the rest of his life). Crazy, huh?! That means he can not only taste differences in amniotic fluid when I eat different foods, he might even react by kicking or getting hiccups! Gabe can suck his thumb now too--how cool! He'll most likely be practicing to strengthen his jaw muscles and develop his sucking reflex. Some sources say he could even cry now--not that I'd be able to hear it...

So I thought I'd let you into my world a little this week. THIS has saved me so much money and annoyance! (My mom bought it for me when she was in town--thanks Mom!!)


Can I just tell you how awesome it is? No--impossible. It's way to awesome. All it is is just an elastic-type band thing that you pull on over your pants. It makes it so I don't have to buy pregnancy pants--I just wear my regular pants and don't zip or button them (not that I could if I tried...). For now, the band still fits up over my belly (as you can see in my 25 week belly picture--it's the black thing). But when it doesn't, I can just double it over/fold it down under my belly and it will just be a band at the top of my pants. Totally sweet. I wear it every day!

And THIS, my friends, is the plethora of vitamins that I take on a daily basis. I don't necessarily NEED to take ALL of these--a simple Prenatal vitamin would do. But I have been doing my pregnant lady homework and I talked to my doctor about it. He says he would never discourage the taking of vitamins, so I'm taking these!


They are all "healthy woman/healthy baby" essentials. I could explain what each of them does, but that would be a pain... Here's what they are though: the two big white ones are Calcium Citrate, the peachy-colored one is a Prenatal vitamin, the yellow one is a Vitamin B complex, the little white oval one is a super high-potency Vitamin D-3, the other little white one is Vitamin C, the two big yellowish gel capsules are Omega-3 Fish Oil supplements, and the greenish-brown capsule is an Echinacea-Golden Seal complex (that's just because I was feeling a little under the weather for a day or two). Crazy huh!? It's really not that bad, actually...

Anyway....I'm feeling better and better as the weeks go on, emotionally speaking. A while ago, I posted ultrasound pictures on myspace and tagged Ray in them. I wanted to see what he would do. Well, when he finally logged on after a month of inactivity, he accepted the tags and deleted me from his friends list. (Hahaha!) I don't mind him deleting me. He's probably mad at me for some reason or another. I just don't understand why he accepted the tag requests (not that I mind--I wanted him to)....especially since I hear he has denied he's the father (or at least that's what his girlfriend says). I don't know what's going on in that man's head and I've given up trying to figure it out. There's nothing I can do about it anyway. I've learned that I can't make Ray be the man or the father I want him to be. I can't wish him into wanting to be around. There's nothing I can do about the things he says and does (or lack thereof). I decided I don't want anything from him that he's not freely willing to give. There will come a day when he will want to see his children. He will want to see Gabriel. And when that day comes--when he does meet his son--he will be sad that he opted out for so long. Until then, like I said, there's nothing I can do about it so it does me no good to stress out or be heartbroken. I just need to remember the "my Ray is gone" mindset and focus on myself and my son. I have accepted the fact that Ray doesn't want to be around right now along with the possibility that he may never want to. And it's his loss.

0 comments: