Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8? 11? Who knows? Cuz I don't....

So I'm really frustrated and kind of annoyed at my situation. For other than obvious reasons.

I thought the first day of my last period was February 7th. Now that I've been talking to other women and reading posts on babyfit.com (a "mommy site" that I joined), I've realized that that might not have been a period. A lot of women that I've talked to have said they had a "period" that wasn't really a period at the beginning of their pregnancy. It was just the egg implanting itself. Now I don't remember how heavy/light that "period" was. I just remember that it came a lot earlier than usual (about a good week early)--which is why I remember the exact date. I just thought it was odd, but that was it.

Normally, my period comes around the 15th. It's usually right on schedule (give or take a day or two--but not a WEEK!). So now I'm thinking maybe I'm further along than I originally thought. If I'm right about that, I'm about 11 weeks along. That's kind of scary and really frustrating! I haven't been to a real doctor visit yet. All I've done is a blood test to confirm pregnancy. In a week I'll be out of my first trimester if I'm that far along! I'm kind of worried. Not sure if I should be really all that worried....but not knowing if I should be makes me want to default to worrying. But I don't have the money or the insurance to go see a doctor! Everyone says it would be better if I wait until I get to Utah to get set up on Medicaid so I don't have to deal with transferring it from one state to another and blah blah blah. But that means another two weeks!! And what if I'm 11 weeks along right now?!

Grrrr.....I hate not knowing.

0 comments: