Wednesday, October 21, 2009

36/37 weeks. This is full term, people.


36 weeks



37 weeks

That's right. Full term. Let me first say this--I have been both very very busy and very very lazy. I have a feeling it's going to be little worse in the weeks and months to come--just a warning! I'm sure everyone will understand though. Life has been crazy the past few weeks, but it has been fun!

Gabriel probably weighs about 6 1/2 lbs now! Gah! Pretty much everything is fully formed and developed at this point--he's just accumulating more fat and brain cells! He has dropped lower into my pelvic area. It's kinda nice because I can breathe a little easier and it has taken some pressure off my abdomen and ribs (before it was more of a "Oh, I'm sorry--were my inner organs and ribs in your way? Please feel free to rearrange them or kick them out of the way..." situation).  But then it has put more pressure on my pelvis and he's just so huge! It hurts sometimes when he squirms and rolls around. Since I'm (a little over) 37 weeks along, he would be considered full term if he was born now. That is crazy to me! This week count is based on the November 6th due date I was given--which was one of THREE. I'm thinking that the October 22nd due date was a little more accurate though. Just because of how things are progressing and thinking back on the actual timeline of events... But he's gonna come when he's gonna come, so I guess it really doesn't matter. My mom is guessing sometime within the next week or two. My dad's guess is November 7th. I'm saying end of October (possibly the VERY beginning of November). I've been getting a lot of braxton-hicks contractions lately. A LOT. All day. Every day. They don't hurt--I can't really feel them at all actually unless my hands are on my belly. They're just a little annoying because Gabe always happens to be in a weird position when they come...and then he's stuck like that until it goes away....ugh...

So that's that! I wrote up a birth plan and went over it with Dr. Newcomb yesterday. He doesn't have any issues with any of it and is very supportive of the decisions I've made so far (except my decision to not vaccinate/immunize Gabriel....), which is really cool. I have my hospital bag all packed and I scheduled a car seat check to make sure I have it installed properly and safely. Yay! I'm ready! Bring it on!

0 comments: