Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Final Leg...


38 weeks



39 weeks



40 weeks

So. Here I am. Four days overdue. Ugh. I don't really even have much to talk about. I've just been...bored. We're all sitting here waiting for something to happen. Gabriel is already doing things his way and in his own time! I'm in for it. I guess what goes around comes around! I think I'm going to be cursed like everyone always says--you will always have a child that is just like you in the best ways...and the worst. HA! So he got my stubbornness. Oh well! I guess I'll just have to deal.

I am frustrated every morning that I wake up and I'm still pregnant. If/when I wake up in the middle of the night and wee hours of the morning to go pee, I pray that my water will break on my way to the bathroom...no such luck. I don't want to be induced though! I want to do everything as natural as possible (which has garnered every kind of response from "Good for you! It's the best way to go!" to "You are freakin nuts."). I talked to my doctors (I see both Dr. Newcomb and Dr. Pan--it's a 50/50 chance of who I'll get...) about it and they're all for it, which is nice. They are very supportive of the "natural" route I've chosen and they're glad that I'm not on the super extreme side too. I don't want to augment my labor in any way....as long as my baby and I are fine. I'm not totally against medicine! I just think that there are a lot of unnecessary procedures and practices out there and I am exercising my right to say "No, thanks!"

All this being said, I will admit that I have tried every trick in the book to try to put myself into labor. I've tried walking. I've tried sitting/bouncing on an exercise ball. I've eaten spicy food. I had Dr. Pan strip my membranes (wow. NOT a picnic. ouch). I even tried castor oil. Twice. All that did was give me false-hope-contractions and diarrhea. I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out. Damn.

Anyway, before I leave this post I want to show you the cute letters my mom and I made for Gabriel's little nursery space! (I call it that because he doesn't have his own nursery--we share a room...) We found that my mom had some ribbon from all of her bow-making (Head bands and barrettes for Lily) that matched my crib set PERFECTLY! So we layered them on top of each other (the green ribbon was wide, the red ribbon was thin, and the blue was right in between) and sewed them together. We found some plain wooden letters at Walmart and picked out a good color of paint and went to work! Anyway, we painted the letters and measured, cut, and attached our adorable ribbon and then hung them on the wall. Super cute. It was a really fun project for us to work on together and it was a lot cheaper than buying the "pottery barn" version!! Here are some pictures:

















Oh yeah--the hanger thing on the diaper stacker that came with the crib bedding was icky and it didn't fit over the side of the crib, so we used our awesome ribbon and jimmy-rigged it! I think it looks way better this way anyway.

0 comments: