Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Ultrasound!!

So I had my first real doctor visit today!! Aubrey came with me for moral support, so a big "Thanks!" to her!! Dr. Dewey was all booked up, so I saw the NP in his office (Kelly....Parker?) I was nervous and excited and SO relieved to finally get to a doctor! As you well know, my biggest frustration has been not really knowing how far along I am, so that was the big question I wanted answered today.

So I went in and filled out all of the paperwork and then they did what will be the "routine tests" (weight, blood pressure, and urinalysis to check sugar and protein levels). They said everything looked good so far, so that was nice to hear! I haven't had a physical or a Pap in a few years though....so we had to do that today (ick).

Finally, we got to see the little squirt!! It's so cute!! It moved around a lot and wouldn't give us a profile (lol) so the picture is head on! It kept rolling back and forth, showing us its little tush and back. Ha ha ha! Kelly told me that (as I suspected) it looks like it's about 18 weeks along--not 16 (yay!!) So my new estimated due date (EDD) is October 22nd. Sweet!

I have to go to the lab at the Provo hospital today or tomorrow to do some blood tests (Hep B, HIV, and AFP/Quad screen). Then I go in to see Dr. Dewey in two weeks and he'll do measurements and possibly tell us if it's a boy or girl. My mom and Mike will be in town, so they'll get to see it!! That will be neat!


Look at my cute little baby!! Posing and everything!!

This one should make it easier to tell what everything is...


0 comments: