Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Few Good Reads

I scheduled my first doctor appointment! It's this Thursday (March 19th) at 9 am. I'm not sure what all they're going to do. I know for sure that they will be doing a urinalysis. Maybe a pelvic exam? I don't know. Hopefully something fun. Er...as "fun" as the OB/GYN can be--ha ha!!

Ray and I got out of the house today. First, to get some much-craved Chinese Food at a restaurant that I will probably never go to again. Service was...okay. But I wanted chicken and mushrooms--you know, the kind with chicken and mushrooms and squash and stuff. But the guy gave me moo goo gai pan. Which IS chicken and mushrooms, but not the kind I wanted. I was a little disappointed. Ray was NOT happy about the lack of pork fried rice on his plate too.

We went to the Galleria--my first time!!--which is the biggest mall I have ever seen. It's in the middle of downtown Houston. My biggest reason for going there was because it was the only place I knew of that had a big book store. So we stopped by Borders and picked up a few books. I bought "What To Expect When You're Expecting"--a new mommy classic, the "What To Expect Pregnancy Journal and Organizer", a really cute baby book that covers the first three years, and "The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dad's-to-be" for Ray.

I'm excited to get started!

0 comments: