Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's official....

So I've gotten over the shock. I'm going to be a mommy!

I had been feeling a little...icky, I guess is the word. I felt kind of under the weather for a week or so. I took a pregnancy test, but it showed up kind of weird. There was only one line, which means not pregnant, but that line was in the "pregnant" line's spot. I guess the test didn't work right. I texted Candace (my sister) a day or two later and asked her how she felt in her earliest days of her pregnancy. She told me and I got nervous--that was exactly how I had been feeling. I elaborated on that and she replied with "Yeah. Sounds about right." Oh great. She told me I should take a digital test. I was freaked out for the rest of the day.

So I got home and wanted to wait until I really had to pee (sorry for my lack of eloquence...) before I took the digital test. I fell asleep. LOL! But the next morning I woke up to take Ray to work and had to go to the bathroom. I remembered the test, so I decided to do it. I had convinced myself the night before that I wasn't pregnant, so I was NOT expecting the result I got. I quickly grabbed it when I went to wash my hands and saw the result. "Pregnant". I waited for the "Not" to appear. Didn't happen. I was stunned. Ray came knocking on the door to see if I was ready to go. I handed him the test and at that point I think we both knew our lives were going to be different from that point on.

So here we are! Gonna be a mommy and a daddy! It's going to be hard since we're not "together" anymore, but we'll work it out. Everything will be alright.

0 comments: